Welcome to Downtown Nanaimo Dental Group
Dr. Mahara and the entire team at Downtown Nanaimo Dental Group welcome you to visit them for all of your dental needs. The history of our dental clinic at this downtown Nanaimo location goes back more than 50 years. We offer friendly, professional dental services to families across the region.
Find out more about what makes Downtown Nanaimo Dental Group special.
- Long history of serving patients in the Nanaimo region
- Advanced Dental Training
- Digital Xrays
- Invisalign Preferred Providers
- Same-day crowns (CEREC)
- Mercury-free restorations (composite fillings)
Meet the Dental Professional Team
Dr. Sanjivan Mahara achieved his Doctor of Dental Medicine, DMD, degree at the University of British Columbia in 2004. He continued extensive dental training at the world-renowned “Las Vegas Institute for Advanced Dental Studies”, in Cosmetics and Neuromuscular Dentistry.
Following graduation from UBC, Dr. Mahara and his family chose to reside in Nanaimo. Dr. Mahara enjoys being an integral part of his community where he is an active member of the local Dental Society and has participated in “Community Dental Day” which provides treatment for marginalized individuals and families.
He supports Vancouver Island University’s dental students by making his office available for their practicum placements and hands-on training.
Dr. Mahara is a member of Rotary and involves himself in local charity functions, organizations, and school events and is passionate about the arts and entertainment in his community.
Continuing Advanced Educational Courses
- CEREC trained
- SPEAR Education Training; Member of SPEAR Study Club
- Implant Treatment Planning Study Club
- DMD: UBC
- Implants study club seminar
- Occlusion study club
- Operative Dentistry UBC
- Pro-taper instrumentation for Root Canal treatment, PCD
- Invisalign I certification course
- Prosthodontics seminar
- Prosthodontics study club
- TBSC Achieving Dental Excellence
- Pediatric Dentistry seminar with Dr. Felicity Hardwick
- Orthodontics for General Practitioner Level I by `Rondeau`s Seminar“
- Dr. Cliff Ruddle`s Endodontics seminar
- New Horizons in Orthodontics and Dentofacial Orthopedics by Dr. William Clark
- Started journey at LVI as a Neuromuscular Dentist
- Adhesive Dentistry, Hands-on from Dr. Ron Jackson
- PPM certified Dentist
- Direct composite study club seminars by Dr.Peter Walford
- Invisalign certification II
- The power of Neuromuscular Dentistry by Myotronics, K7 training
I am the Office Manager and a Certified Dental Assistant at Downtown Dental Group. I have been part of the Downtown Nanaimo Dental Group since 2002. I graduated from the office administration/bookkeeping program at VIU in 1998 and graduated from the certified dental assisting course at VIU in 1999.
I have two beautiful young daughters that always keep my days full of fun adventures. When I am not with my wonderful family at home, I am working with my second wonderful family at the Downtown Nanaimo Dental Group. I enjoy growing and continually expanding our dental knowledge together and then sharing and providing our patients with the best dental treatment possible. Seeing our patients happy and smiling confidently each day makes my job so exciting and rewarding!
I have been part of the Downtown Nanaimo Dental Group since I graduated from VIU in 2008. I love helping people maintain happy and healthy smiles!
I have completed training at the Las Vegas Dental Institute (LVI) on TMD and full mouth reconstruction. I have specialized training in same-day crown fabrication processes (CEREC).
When I am not working, I’m keeping busy with my daughter Ella. She can put a smile on my face any day.