COVID-19 SAFETY INFORMATION
To our valued Downtown Dental Group patients,
Your health and the health of our team is the utmost importance to us! To ensure your health and the health of our team, we are continually practicing the following usual, strict universal precautions in our practice and as well the guidelines set forth by the Ministry of Health for the Province of BC, the College of Dental Surgeons of British Columbia (CDSBC), and the BC Dental Association (BCDA) for all dental treatment during the COVID-19 pandemic outbreak.
For the protection of all our patients and team, we are requesting the following:
- If you have an
illness or are exhibiting ANY symptoms, we ask that you do not enter
our practice. Some illness and symptoms
- Cold or flu
- Fever or nausea
- Severe headaches or body aches
- Muscle or stomach pain, chest pain or difficulty breathing
- Vomiting or diarrhea
- Active tuberculosis (TB)
- Mumps, measles, chickenpox
- Any other contagious diseases
- Please notify our team (by phone) if you or someone you are in close contact with have recently traveled to one of the countries with large outbreaks of COVID-19 or if you have been exposed to someone else who was diagnosed with COVD-19.
WHAT WE ARE DOING TO KEEP YOU AND OUR TEAM SAFE:
With our new strict COVID-19 protocols in place we would like to inform you of the many changes we have made to help keep you, our team and our community safe.
- Installed barrier at the front reception area
- Installed HEPA filters in the office HVAC system
- Individual UV Air
Purifiers in office which do the following:
- Photocatalyst filter helps neutralize harmful fumes
- Germicidal UV light fights airborne germs, viruses and bacteria
- Long lasting HEPA-Type filter removes up to 99-Percent of airborne pollutants as a small as 2 microns
- Installed high volume suctions for ultrasonic use to eliminate aerosols.
- All team members complete a daily temperature check and self-assessment for COVID 19 symptoms which is recorded.
- All team members wear appropriate personal protective equipment during dental treatments with patients such as gloves, N95 masks, face shields, and surgical gowns, as required.
- Dental appointments are scheduled lighter and longer than usual to avoid too many people in our office at one time.
- Between each patient’s visits, we continue to clean, disinfect ALL surfaces in all rooms, waiting room, front desk, bathroom and maintain a VERY strict sterilization standard of all areas.
- Only our scheduled patients are permitted to enter the office for their appointment. For children under 12 or patients with disabilities, one parent or guardian may attend. This helps reduce the number of people in our office to ensure social distancing.
- Please email or call with any questions as opposed to stopping by the office. Payments can be taken over the phone or e-transferred as well.
- In the waiting room, we have limited chairs which are spaced apart to ensure social distancing can be maintained.
- Please use the washroom prior to your arrival to minimize use of the office washroom.
- We ask that everyone that enters our office, wear a face mask until they are seated in their personal operatory for treatment.
- Hand sanitizer is available upon entry and exit of the office and we ask that you use it as soon as you arrive and when exiting.
- Every patient is screened with a series of COVID-19 symptoms and any high risk factors before all treatment. **Please cancel your appointment if you develop symptoms**
- Every patient’s temperature is taken and recorded at each dental visit.
- We observe meticulous hand hygiene practices throughout the day.
As always, our goal at Downtown Dental Group is to safely provide, confidence and comfort one smile at a time. We are committed to your health and safety. Thanks for your patience at this trying time and we hope to see you all soon!